Today I come to you with an ultra simple recipe. This Fresh Peach and Walnut Salsa is perfect for any summer party. In fact, this past weekend I made it for a pool party that we were invited and it was a big hit. I served it with some homemade crackers, but you can also serve it over grilled fish or as a condiment in fish tacos instead of regular tomato salsa.
About the Recipe:
The whole dish comes together in no time. Simply make the dressing, and chop everything into a bowl. When ready to serve, drizzle the salsa with the dressing and sprinkle with the freshly chopped cilantro.
When buying peaches, I recommend picking ones that are not overly ripe as the ripe ones tend to be too juicy. You do want some of the juices, but it should just enough to compliment the dressing instead of overpowering it.
If you want to make it ahead of time, you can make the dressing and salsa a day in advance and keep them separately in the fridge. I used pomegranate seeds for some color contrast and additional sweetness, but if you don’t have any it still tastes amazing.
On Styling and Photography for this post:
Props and styling: The bowl and the small plate I used in the photos are from East Fork Pottery. Since I wanted the dish to shine I used very minimal styling and props for this shoot.
Photography: I took all these photos with my Canon EOS 5D Mark III using either my Canon EF 35mm f/2 or Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 . They were all taken in natural light. For the photos with me in it, I used my tripod MANFROTTO 190XPRO3 with my tripod head Manfrotto 322RC2 Grip Action Joystick Head.
In terms of editing, I used my favorite VSCO film preset Portra 400. If you want to see the exposure values for each photo and more photos for this photoshoot, check out my Flickr account.
Do you want to buy these photos? Thank you! You can purchase these photos and all my other photos in my Picture Pantry Library.
Fresh Peach and Walnut Salsa
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 3 cups
- Category: Condiment - Dip
- Cuisine: American
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 medium peaches (you can also mix & match with nectarines or white peaches), halved, pitted and diced into small cubes
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- ½ red (or yellow) bell pepper, seeded and chopped into small pieces
- ½ red onion, chopped
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped finely
- Handful of pomegranate seeds (optional)
- To make the dressing: Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, salt, chili powder, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Place the peaches, jalapeno pepper, bell pepper, red onion and walnuts in a bowl.
- Drizzle it with the dressing. Sprinkle it with cilantro and pomegranate seeds, if using. Serve.