Chicken Potato Noodle Soup Recipe
This chicken potato noodle soup is a lighter version of the classic chicken noodle soup we all love. In my version, I used spiralized potato noodles instead of the usual pasta noodles. It is easy-to-make and perfect for those, who are calorie conscious.
Servings 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil such as grapeseed
- 2 small onions chopped
- 3 medium-size carrots peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 3 stalks of celery sliced into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 3 cloves of garlic peeled and minced
- 1 ½ cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 6 cups low-sodium or homemade chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1 large russet potato spiralized
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice freshly squeezed – plus lemon wedges to serve with
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley leaves rinsed, more as garnish
Heat olive oil in a large heavy bottom pot in medium heat. Add onion, carrots, and celery and cook over medium until they are softened, 8-10 minutes.
Stir in the garlic and cook stirring constantly until fragrant, 30 seconds or so.
Add in the shredded chicken, chicken stock, water, and salt and pepper. Bring it a boil, turn the heat down to medium-low, and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Stir in the spiralized potato “noodles”. Cook for 7-8 minutes.
Finish it off with freshly squeezed lemon juice and fresh parsley.
Ladle the soup into large bowls and serve with lemon wedges and crusty bread.
Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 1594mg | Potassium: 1237mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 8001IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1mg