Asparagus and Portobello Mushroom Salad with Asian Dressing
An easy to make Asian style Asparagus and Mushroom Salad. A healthy vegan side dish that is ready in less than 30 minutes.
Servings 2 servings
- 1 Shallot peeled and finely minced
- 1 Teaspoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Soy Sauce or Bragg
- 2 Teaspoons Water
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Lime Juice freshly squeezed
- 1/8 Teaspoon Coarse Salt optional
- 1 Teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 lb. Portobello Mushrooms wipe cleaned and sliced
- 1 lb Asparagus washed.
- 2 Teaspoons Black Sesame Seeds toasted
To make the dressing: Whisk together the shallot, vinegars, sugar, water, sesame oil, lime juice and salt. Taste it and season with salt if you find it necessary. Set it aside.
For the Salad: Steam the asparagus until it is bright green and still crisp, about 5 minutes. Let it cool for 10 minutes and slice them into 2 inch pieces.
Sautee mushrooms in a skillet until the moisture released by the mushrooms has evaporated and they are golden brown, 7 to 8 minutes.
Place the mushrooms and asparagus into a serving platter and evenly drizzle it with the dressing.
When ready to eat sprinkle it with toasted sesame seeds.
Calories: 92kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 165mg | Potassium: 456mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 857IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 3mg