Mango and Red Quinoa Cereal
Recipe for Mango and Quinoa Cereal - A 15-minute vegan breakfast cereal made with sweet Caribbean mangos, avocado, and cucumbers.
- 3 big or 6 small ripe mangoes
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup uncooked red quinoa
- 1/2 cup fresh mint chopped
- 1 cucumber peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice freshly squeezed
- 2 cups of water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + pinch of salt for cooking quinoa
Place the quinoa in a fine-mash strainer and rinse under running water until the water turns clear. This should take around 3 minutes.
Place water, red quinoa and a pinch of salt in a pot. Bring it to a boil, lower the heat, put the lid on and cook until all the water is absorbed, 12-15 minutes.
Turn the heat off and place a paper towel between the pot and the lid. Let it cool.
Place cooled quinoa in a big bowl and mix it with all the other ingredients.
Season to taste.