Ottolenghi's Orange and Date Salad
An orange and date salad that celebrate the sweet and savory ingredients all in one bowl.
Prep Time 30 minutes minutes
Total Time 30 minutes minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom water
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon fennel seeds toasted and crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 cup arugula
- 1 cup fresh Cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley chopped
- 3 Medjool Dates pitted and sliced lengthwise
- 4 ounces radishes sliced paper thin
- 1/2 medium red onion sliced thinly into rings
- 5 oranges 2 pounds, peeled and cut in slices (as seen in the picture)
Start with making the dressing: Whisk all dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
To assemble: Mix all salad greens, arugula, radish and red onion slices, dates, and fresh herbs in a bowl. Pour half of the dressing over it and give it a toss.
Place the oranges on top and pour the rest of the dressing over the oranges. Serve.
Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 330mg | Potassium: 759mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 2455IU | Vitamin C: 124mg | Calcium: 152mg | Iron: 2mg