Ottolenghi's Orange and Date Salad
An orange and date salad that celebrate the sweet and savory ingredients all in one bowl.
Servings 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom water
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon fennel seeds toasted and crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 cup arugula
- 1 cup fresh Cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley chopped
- 3 Medjool Dates pitted and sliced lengthwise
- 4 ounces radishes sliced paper thin
- 1/2 medium red onion sliced thinly into rings
- 5 oranges 2 pounds, peeled and cut in slices (as seen in the picture)
Start with making the dressing: Whisk all dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
To assemble: Mix all salad greens, arugula, radish and red onion slices, dates, and fresh herbs in a bowl. Pour half of the dressing over it and give it a toss.
Place the oranges on top and pour the rest of the dressing over the oranges. Serve.
Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 330mg | Potassium: 759mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 2455IU | Vitamin C: 124mg | Calcium: 152mg | Iron: 2mg