Brown Rice Caprese Spaghetti
Whether you serve it cold or warm, this 30-Minute Caprese Pasta Salad is guaranteed to impress. It is made with layering pasta with roasted cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, and creamy mozzarella cheese. Perfect for all your summer picnic, cookout, potluck or barbecue party needs.
Servings 6 servings
- 2 ½ pounds of cherry or small vine tomatoes rinsed and pat-dried
- 4 cloves of garlic peeled and smashed
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil plus more for drizzling at the end
- salt and black pepper
- 1 package of 16-ounce brown rice spaghetti (or any other pasta you like)
- ¾ cup of fresh basil chopped
- 10- ounces of small fresh mozzarella balls drained
- ½ cup of Parmesan cheese freshly shredded
Heat the oven to 400 F degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
Spread the tomatoes and garlic into the sheet pan. Drizzle them with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle them with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon of black pepper. Roast them in the oven for 13-15 minutes*.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package instructions. Reserve a cup of its liquid and drain the rest.
To assemble: Place the cooked warm pasta, roasted tomatoes, chopped basil, and mozzarella balls into a large bowl. If for some reason the pasta dries, use a little bit of the reserved liquid.
Give it a gentle toss making sure all the ingredients are equally distributed within the bowl. Taste for seasoning and add more if necessary.
When ready to serve, drizzle it with olive oil and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- If you are using tomatoes when they are not in season, I would recommend extending the roasting time to 25-30 minutes.
- You can serve this dish warm or cold. If you are serving as the main dish, I would try to serve it warm, but if you are taking it to a potluck, picnic or a cookout party serving it cold would still work.
- Though I doubt that you will have leftovers, you can place them in an airtight container and keep in the fridge up to two days. When ready to eat, you can enjoy your pasta dish warm or cold. It is totally up to you.
Calories: 234kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 182mg | Potassium: 439mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1155IU | Vitamin C: 44mg | Calcium: 291mg | Iron: 1mg