Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Lentil Stew
This Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Lentil Stew is a veggie packed, nutritious, and easy-to-make recipe that will not only help you feed your family in a super healthy way, but also clean out your fridge. Once all your veggies are chopped, all you have to do is put them in your crock pot and let it do all the work.
Servings 6 servings
- 2 cups butternut squash peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 cup carrots 3-4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups sweet potato 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 ½ cup celery 4-5 stalks, chopped
- 1 ½ cup French du Puy lentils picked over and rinsed
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic minced
- 5 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2-3 cups kale rinsed, stems removed, and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar or sherry vinegar
Place everything, except kale and vinegar, in your slow cooker. Cover and cook in high for 5-6 hours or in low for 6-7 hours (times may vary depending on your slow cooker). Give it a gentle stir a few times during the cooking process.
Add in the kale and vinegar. Gently stir to combine so that the residual heat can soften the leaves.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 268kcal | Carbohydrates: 53.6g | Protein: 14.4g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 430.4mg | Fiber: 9.8g | Sugar: 7.4g