Cucumber Tomato Mozzarella Salad
A vegetarian summer salad recipe made with summer's best produce, cucumbers and tomatoes and is drizzled with homemade balsamic vinegar dressing.
Servings 4 servings
For the dressing:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled and minced
- ½ teaspoon sea or kosher salt, more if needed at the end
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
For the salad:
- 4 Persian cucumbers sliced ¼-inch thick slices (skin on)
- 2 cups colorful cherry tomatoes sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese cut into small cubes
- ½ ripe avocado cut into small cubes
- handful fresh Italian parsley leaves
To make the dressing: Whisk together all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set it aside.
To assemble the salad (like you see in these photos): Place half of the cucumber slices in an oval dish with a flat surface. Layer the rest by mixing the rest of the cucumbers with tomatoes. Top them off with cubed avocados and mozzarella cheese in the middle.*
Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Taste for seasoning and add in some more salt and crushed black pepper, if necessary.
- Alternatively, you can place everything in a salad bowl and gently mix them together.
- This salad makes and excellence topping for toast for breakfast, if you have any leftovers on the next day.
Calories: 337kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 367mg | Potassium: 419mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1427IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 313mg | Iron: 1mg