Peach Avocado Salad
Fresh yellow peaches, Persian cucumber, and avocados flavored with a simple dressing made with coriander, cumin, fresh herbs, and olive oil. With all the layers and layers of flavors, you will experience a little bit of sweet, sour, salty, hot, crunchy, and refreshing with every bite.
Servings 4 servings
- 1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 serrano chile seeds removed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 medium size yellow peaches sliced with the skin on
- 2 Persian cucumbers sliced thinly
- 1 ripe avocado cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds toasted
Place pumpkin seeds in a non-stick skillet. Toast in medium heat, stirring frequently, until golden brown, 5-7 minutes. Set aside to cool.
In a large salad bowl, mix together coriander, cumin, olive oil, Serrano chile, cilantro, parsley, lemon juice, and salt.
Add in the peaches, cucumbers, and avocado. Gently toss to ensure that peaches, cucumbers and avocados are coated with the dressing and herbs.
Sprinkle with pumpkin and sesame seeds.
Give it a taste and season with more salt, if necessary.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 308kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 298mg | Potassium: 639mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 879IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 2mg