Almond Flour Chocolate Cake
Imagine a chocolate cake without butter and processed sugar that is made with whole ingredients. This Almond Flour Chocolate Cake is that cake. It is made with almond flour and naturally sweetened with maple syrup.
Servings 8 slices
For The Cake:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil to grease the pan
- 1 ¼ cups 4.22 oz. almond flour, (120 gr.)
- ½ cup 1.5 oz. unsweetened cocoa powder, (43 gr.)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup 207 ml
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup maple whipped cream
- 1 cup fresh berries and other seasonal fruits
- 3-4 leaves of fresh mint thinly sliced (julienned)
Pre-heat the oven to 325 F degrees. Line an 8-inch* spring form pan with parchment paper and grease it generously with coconut oil. Set aside.
To make the batter: Mix together the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. In a separate mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Add in the maple syrup and vanilla extract and whisk until fully combined.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until thoroughly combined.
Pour the batter into the greased pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Let it cool on the kitchen counter for 10 minutes. Gently run a knife over the edges and transfer the cake onto a cake plate. Let it cool to room temperature.
When ready to serve, spread the maple whipped cream over the top and decorate it with fruit and mint. Slice and serve.
- * If you do not have an 8-inch spring form pan, a 9-inch pan would work as well.
- This cake can be served without the maple whipped cream and fruit toppings.
- If you want to use honey instead of maple syrup, simply use 1/2 cup light flavored honey and follow the rest of the recipe as it is.
Calories: 306kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 255mg | Potassium: 191mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 345IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 2mg