Easy Banana Nut Muffins
These easy banana nut muffins are made with gluten-free almond and coconut flours and sweetened with ripen bananas and coconut sugar. It all comes together in less than 15 minutes and bakes in 30 minutes. Great recipe for entertaining a crowd or splurging on a freshly baked muffin for yourself.
Servings 12 muffins
For the dry ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups 180gr almond flour
- ½ cup 60gr coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup 125gr walnuts, roughly chopped
For the wet ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups mashed ripe bananas approximately 3 medium-sized bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup 75gr coconut sugar
- 3 large eggs light beaten
- ¼ cup unsweetened full-fat coconut or almond milk
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with parchment muffin liners. Set it aside.
For the dry ingredients, place almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Give it a mix. Set aside.
For the wet ingredients, place the mashed bananas, vanilla extract, coconut sugar, eggs, and coconut milk in a bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined. It is okay if there are small chunks of mashed banana pieces swimming in the mix.
Add in the wet ingredients into the dry ones. Stir until throughly combined.
Stir in the walnuts and make sure that they are evenly distributed within the batter.
Scoop the batter into the muffin tins (they will be pretty full) and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of one of the muffins comes out clean.
Let it cool for 15 minutes and serve while it is still warm.
- These muffins will still be fresh up to 2 days as long as they are kept in an airtight container in the fridge. When ready to eat, simply warm them up for 30 seconds in the microwave or 5 minutes in a 250 degree oven.
Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 214mg | Potassium: 169mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 77IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 1mg