Almond Flour Bread Recipe
The BEST quick and easy to make Almond Flour Bread recipe that is low carb, grain-free, gluten-free, dairy free, low sugar, paleo and keto friendly. Great to use as a sandwich bread or as toast for breakfast.
Servings 8 slices
- 5 Tablespoons (70g) Vegetable Oil, plus more for greasing - I used grapeseed oil but olive oil would also work
- 2 large Eggs room temperature
- 3 large Egg Whites room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon (15g) Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon (21g) Maple Syrup (or honey)
- 2 cups (224g) Blanched Almond Flour
- ¼ cup (28g) Ground Flaxseed
- ¾ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Fine Sea Salt
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8X4 (or 9 x 5-inch) loaf pan with 1 teaspoon vegetable oil.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, eggs, egg whites, apple cider vinegar and maple syrup until emulsified*
In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, ground flaxseed, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Make a slight well in the dry ingredients and mix in the egg mixture until just combined.
Transfer to the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top. Bake 35 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Thoroughly mixing the wet ingredients until emulsified is important as it helps the bread bake to the right texture. When the wet ingredients become one smooth mixture and slightly thickened, you know it’s ready!
Calories: 288kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 348mg | Potassium: 74mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 59IU | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 2mg