Quinoa Chili Recipe
Best ever Vegetarian Chili with Quinoa recipe! This protein and veggie-packed quinoa chili with beans is gluten-free, healthy, filling, and perfect for a weeknight dinner. Make a big batch, serve it all right away or freeze some for later.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 medium-size onion chopped (approximately 1 cup)
- 1 medium-size jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 15 oz. cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- ⅔ cup uncooked quinoa rinsed thoroughly
- 1 ½ cups corn kernels fresh, canned or frozen
- 2 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ripened avocado cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
STOVE TOP INSTRUCTIONS:
Heat olive oil in a heavy bottom pot over medium heat. Add in cumin, coriander, and chili powder and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
Stir in the onion and jalapeno. Cook until translucent, 5-7 minutes.
Add in the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds.
Add in both beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, quinoa, and corn.
Pour in the vegetable stock. Give it a gentle mix.
Turn the heat up to medium-high, put the lid on and bring it to a boil. This should take 8-10 minutes.
Turn down the heat down to low and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes. Give a stir a few times during the cooking process.
Garnish with your favorite toppings like avocados, radishes, cilantro, and sliced jalapenos.
SLOW COOKER INSTRUCTIONS:
Place all the ingredients in the bowl of your slow cooker, and give them a good mix.
Cook in low heat setting for 4-5 hours or high heat setting for 3-4 hours.
INSTANT POT INSTRUCTIONS:
Turn on the sautee function in your pressure cooker. Add in the oil. When it is warm, add all the spices, onion, and jalapeno in and saute for 2-3 minutes.
Next, mix in the minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds or so.
Add in the beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, quinoa, corn, vegetable stock, and salt and pepper. Stir until everything is combined.
Put the lid on, press the manual button and set it to cook for 10 minutes on high heat setting.
Natural release for 10 minutes. Release the rest of the pressure by turning on the venting setting. And serve!
Calories: 259kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 894mg | Potassium: 461mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1194IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 113mg | Iron: 2mg