Baked Bone-In Chicken Breast
My foolproof step by step guide to Oven Roasted Bone-In Chicken Breasts: Learn how to make the best moist & juicy baked split chicken breast recipe. This recipe is easy to make and made with only 4 ingredients. Roast a batch on your meal prep day and use it in salads, soups, and chilis.
Servings 2 Bone In Skin on Chicken Breasts
- 2 14 - 15 oz of bone-in and skin-on Chicken Breasts
- 4 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- For best results, remove the chicken from the fridge 30-60 minutes prior to baking and let it come to room temperature.
- A word on the best temperature and time for roasting: There are so many recipes for oven-roasted split chicken breasts, it’s hard to decipher what is the correct oven temperature and cook time. After multiple recipe tests, below are the best temperature and time variances both in Fahrenheit and Celsius scale:
- 350 degrees F / 177 degrees C - 55-65 minutes
- 375 degrees F / 191 degrees C - 45-60 minutes
- 425 degrees F / 218 degrees C 35-45 minutes (preferred method)
It’s important to note that my favorite oven temperature is 425 degrees F. Not only do the halved chicken breasts cook faster, but the higher temperature produces a super crispy, golden-brown crust that is absolute heaven!
- You can easily multiple this recipe and bake more chicken breasts if you want.
Calories: 328kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 1425mg | Potassium: 836mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 68IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg