Linguine with Shrimp Scampi
Barefoot Contessa’s Shrimp Scampi Linguine recipe is a weeknight meal you can make in just about 30 minutes. Shrimp cooked in a delicious lemon butter sauce and then mixed with linguine is an impressive dish that you can easily make on a Tuesday night.
Servings 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 9 oz. (225gr.) fresh Linguine (I used Buitoni)
- 1 tablespoons garlic minced (5 cloves)
- 1- pound large 21-25 shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 20 shrimp)
- 2 tablespoon salt plus 1/2 teaspoon salt divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed (2 lemons)
- 1/2 lemon thinly sliced in half-rounds
- 5-6 drops of Tabasco Sauce optional
Heat the olive oil and butter in a large heavy-bottom pan. Add the garlic and sauté for a minute.
Add shrimp, salt and pepper and cook each side for 2 minutes. Take it off the heat and add the lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley, and lemon slices. Toss to combine.
Add 1 tablespoon salt into a large pot of water and bring it to a boil. Once boiled, add the fresh Linguine and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Drain the Linguine and place it back to the pot. Add the shrimp and give it all a big toss.
To serve, sprinkle it with more fresh parsley and if desired, add a couple of drops of Tabasco Sauce.
Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 3531mg | Potassium: 497mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1135IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 2mg