Almond Butter Cookies Recipe
Flourless Almond Butter Cookie recipe - Gluten-free, flourless, and paleo-friendly. Sweetened with coconut sugar, they are so easy and quick to make and addictive.
Servings 14 -16 cookies
- 1 ½ cups almond flour 6.3 oz.
- 1 ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt plus more for sprinkling
- ¼ cup creamy almond butter, at room temperature 2.2 oz.
- 1 cup of coconut sugar ~7.41 oz.
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of bittersweet chocolate chips or chunks optional
FAQs & Answers:
- Please know that the cookie batter is a very sticky one. For that reason, if you process it for too long it could clog your food processor. It should be sufficient to mix until the ingredients are mixed.
- Helpful tip for scooping the cookie batter/dough: As I mentioned earlier, this almond butter cookie dough is very sticky. To make it easier to scoop, you can brush your cookie scoop with a little bit of oil (any healthy oil like avocado or coconut oil would work perfectly.)
- Can I make this recipe without a food processor?You sure can. I find that it is easier and quicker to mix the batter in a food processor but you can also mix everything in a bowl. If you decide to do so:
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Whisk the wet ingredients in another bowl until they are fully incorporated
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones and mix until the dough fully comes together. If using, add in the chocolate chips into the cookie batter.
- Follow the rest of the instructions as written in the recipe.
- Can I freeze these cookies? You sure can. To do so, measure and place them on a cookie sheet and place in the freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight. Place them in a freezer bag and store in your freezer upto a month. When ready to bake, place them on a baking sheet, sprinkle them with sea salt and bake 2-3 minutes longer.
- Best way to store them: These cookies are best on the day that they are baked. However, they keep their freshness upto 2 days as soon as they are kept in an airtight container on the kitchen counter.
Calories: 177kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 182mg | Potassium: 62mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 34IU | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 1mg