How To Cook Quinoa In A Rice Cooker (Recipe)
The one and only recipe you need to cook quinoa in a rice cooker perfectly every time. Follow my steps to make the most flavorful and delicious quinoa with my hands off rice cooker method.
Servings 3 cups
- 1 cup Quinoa White, red, black and tricolor quinoa would all work
- 2 cups water or broth chicken stock, vegetable stock would both work
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil olive, coconut and avocado oil would all work
Place quinoa in a medium-mesh strainer and wash under cold running water until it runs clear.
Grease the rice cooker insert with a tablespoon of vegetable oil to prevent sticking. I use a sheet of paper towel to distribute the oil evenly throughout the insert.
Place rinsed quinoa, liquid of your choice, and salt. Give it a stir.
Put the lid on and press the white rice setting on your rice cooker. If your rice cooker does not have that function, just press "cook".
It should take somewhere between 25-35 minutes for it to cook completely.
Once it is done, fluff it with a fork and serve.
- Can I Cook More Than A Cup of Quinoa? You sure can. However, be sure to check the capacity of your pressure cooker. One cup uncooked quinoa yields about 3 cups of cooked quinoa.
- Best Way To Store: Store cooked quinoa in an airtight container after it comes to room temperature. Keep it in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Can I use other seasonings to flavor my quinoa? You sure can. Start with small amounts of (1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon or so) of ground cumin, ground coriander, and even ground turmeric and adjust to your liking.
Calories: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 390mg | Potassium: 319mg | Fiber: 4g | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 3mg