Vegan Cauliflower Curry With Coconut Milk
This Indian Cauliflower Curry Recipe is an easy, vegan, one-pot meal that can be ready in under 45 minutes. The warm, Indian spices and creamy coconut milk transform this vegan curry into a vibrant and flavorful dish. Serve it over rice for a complete meal to enjoy any night of the week.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium sized onion chopped (approximately 1 cup)
- 1 ½ teaspoons ginger minced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can unsweetened coconut milk (or 1 cup plain whole milk yogurt)
- ¾ cup vegetable broth
- A small head of cauliflower cut into 1-inch florets (approximately 3-4 cups)
- 1 large or 2 small sweet potato, cubed (approximately 2 cups)
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup green peas frozen or fresh (no need to thaw if using frozen)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped - more as a garnish
- A handful of salted cashews as garnish optional
Heat oil in a large heavy bottom pan (such as a Dutch Oven) over medium heat. Add in the ground coriander, ground cumin, curry powder, ground turmeric, ground cinnamon, and onion. Sauteé, stirring constantly, until onion is softened, 4-5 minutes.
Add in the ginger and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. At this point, it should be a thick mixture that looks like it needs some liquid.
Add in the tomatoes, coconut milk, vegetable broth, cauliflower florets, sweet potatoes, chickpeas, and salt. Give it a gentle stir.
Put the lid on and bring it to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, turn the heat down to medium low and let it simmer for 20-25 minutes or until sweet potatoes are softened.
Stir in the green peas and cilantro.
Garnish with cilantro and chopped cashews (if using). Serve over rice.
Calories: 420kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Sodium: 784mg | Potassium: 916mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 712IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 5mg