Let’s talk about threesomes.
And NO, this is not that kind of a website. We will talk about the threesomes in the food world.
Threesomes like mozzarella, tomato, and basil OR wine, cheese and crackers…
It is just one of those things, where if one is missing it won’t taste as good.
I am always looking for ingredients that create a new flavor when paired with each other. This is how this “Eggs with Artichoke, Parmesan, and Tarragon” recipe came about.
The sweet and sour taste of artichoke goes so well with the peppery taste of Parmesan cheese. When you add the tarragon, with its licorice aroma, you get an egg dish totally out of this world.
It is such a great alternative to the veggie omelet that I usually make on Sundays. The best part of is that you can whip up all the ingredients, put it in the oven and have a great egg dish in 30 minutes.
It is a great option for a brunch party.
I chose to cook the veggies first, mix them with eggs and put the mixture in the oven. Mostly because, I like to make pancakes as it is baking in the oven. However, if you wish you can add the eggs on top and make an omelet.
It is totally up to you. Either way, with this threesome, you are all set to have a great breakfast.♣
Eggs with Artichoke, Tarragon, and Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup artichoke hearts – cooked – I used a (13.75 oz.) can cut in to small pieces
- 1 tablespoon a little more for sprinkling on the omelet tarragon, minced
- 7 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly grounded
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- Butter a 9X9 inch (or any other that is not too big) baking dish.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet. Add the minced onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until it starts to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add artichoke hearts and tarragon. Cook for 5 minutes until artichoke hearts are soft and fragrant.
- As the vegetables are cooking, whisk eggs, half and half, and salt and pepper.
- Add the vegetable mixture in to the egg mixture and give it a big stir.
- Pour the mixture into the buttered pan and place it in the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the edges of the omelet is golden.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes, cut into small squares and serve.