Short on time and need something that is nutritious and filling to-go? I have got you covered! Today’s recipe, Layered Yogurt Parfait, is made with layering yogurt with fresh fruit and protein-packed ZonePerfect Nutrition Bars.
Ready in 5-minutes and perfect for any day of the week.
This post has been sponsored by ZonePerfect Bars. As always, all opinions are my own.
Welcome to the last day of 2017! In just a few hours, it will be a brand new year. Though I am not much of a resolutions kind of person, I look forward to new beginnings. I have so much planned for the new year, I simply cannot wait. Though before then, let’s talk about the very last recipe of the year.
Today, I come to you with this is a super easy-to-make yet nutritious and filling 5-minute and 3-Ingredient Layered Yogurt Parfait. Now, I love a big bowl of creamy Slow-Cooked Steel Cut Oats or Almond Milk Oatmeal, but let’s face it, there are times you just need to get out of the house and you need to eat something. So when I am short on time, this is my go-to breakfast.
About the recipe:
To be honest, there is hardly a recipe here. However, this is one of those dishes, where just a few quality and nutritious ingredients make all the difference. To layer my parfaits, I used whole milk yogurt, a few chopped ZonePerfect nutrition bars, and fresh fruit.
How To Make This Layered Yogurt Parfait Video (40 Seconds)
I love ZonePerfect Nutrition Bars not only because they taste really good (Peanut Butter & Dark Chocolate flavors are my favorite), but also because they are rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals. Additionally, they are made with no artificial flavors or sweeteners. So when I am on the go and need to eat something nutritious and filling, they provide with exactly what I need.
A Few Notes on the Recipe:
– I used plain whole milk yogurt in this recipe, but lately I have also been experimenting with unsweetened almond milk yogurt and I love it. If you want to switch things up, give it a try.
– If you want to make this the night before, you can layer the yogurt with the chopped ZonePerfect nutritious bars in mason jars, put the lid on and keep them in the fridge. That way, in the morning all you have to do is to put some fresh fruit on top and take it with you.
– I love trying new flavors of ZonePerfect bars. Trying new flavors is such an easy way to switch things up. I usually grab a few flavors every time I go to our local grocery store try a different one every time I make this layered yogurt parfait.
Layered Yogurt Parfait
- 2 ZonePerfect Nutrition Bars I used a combination of Double Dark Chocolate and Chocolate Peanut Butter flavors
- 1 cup plain whole milk yogurt or your favorite dairy-free yogurt
- 1 cup fresh seasonal fruit
- Chop ZonePerfect Nutrition Bars into small chunks on a cutting board. Place them into a bowl.
- To assemble the parfaits: Spoon a few tablespoons of yogurt into a glass (or a bowl). Add in a handful of crumbled nutrition bars. Top it off with fruit. Continue layering until you run out of ingredients.
Did you make this recipe?Tag @foolproofliving on Instagram and hashtag it #foolproofeats