For those of us living in the New England area autumn is fully here. The leaves have already started changing their colors and cool morning are the new norm. For me, this means one thing: the Baking season is officially here.
Today, I am opening the baking season with my one of my favorite healthy pumpkin muffin recipe. These Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins are my second go-to basic pumpkin muffin recipe that I use whenever I crave an autumn-inspired muffin with my morning cup of joe.
The first favorite one, if you are wondering is this Paleo Pumpkin Muffins with Almond Flour.
How To Make Pumpkin Muffins
For one thing, as you will see in the video below, this pumpkin muffin recipe is stupid easy to make. I love that it doesn’t require a mixer and everything happens in one big mixing bowl. Plus, instead of butter and sugar, I used coconut oil and maple syrup so it is healthier than oil and sugar-packed muffins.
The process of making this healthy pumpkin muffin recipe has 3 folds:
First, you start with mixing the wet ingredients in a large bowl.
Second, you gently fold in the dry ingredients including the whole wheat flour (all-purpose would work as well) and ground oats.
Last but not least, you divide the batter into parchment-lined muffin tins and bake in the oven for 25 minutes or so.
As I mentioned earlier, they are simple, easy and quick to make. Below is a quick HOW-TO Video (50 seconds):
How To Store these Maple Pumpkin Muffins:
These muffins are good on the next day, but I usually keep them in an airtight container in the fridge and lightly warm them up in the microwave for a few seconds before I am ready to serve them in the morning.
IF YOU LIKED THESE EASY PUMPKIN MUFFINS YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- Pumpkin Cranberry Nut Loaf
- Pumpkin Pie Crumble
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Soft and Chewy Pumpkin Ginger Cookies – Melanie Makes
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats – Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
- Apple Almond Flour Muffins
- Parsnip Morning Glory Bran Muffins
OTHER PUMPKIN RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
- Pumpkin Creme Fraiche Pasta
- Pumpkin and Ginger Soup
- Maple Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- Vegan Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe
- Turkey Pumpkin Chili
Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- ½ cup maple syrup at room temperature
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup pumpkin puree I used canned pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 ¾ cups 9.625 oz. whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats plus more as garnish
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds or pecans optional
Preheat the oven:
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 F degrees. Line a 12-muffin tin with muffin liners and lightly spray the pan with oil spray. Set aside.
Prepare the wet ingredients:
- Whisk together the coconut oil, maple syrup, and eggs in a bowl. Stir in the pumpkin puree, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
Prepare the dry ingredients:
- Add in the salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice. Whisk until all ingredients are completely incorporated.
Mix them together:
- Add in the flour and oats. Fold in the dry ingredients into wet ingredients just until they are combined.
Scoop into a muffin tin and bake:
- Using a large spoon or an ice cream scoop, fill each muffin tin with the batter. You should end up with 11 muffins.
- Sprinkle each muffin with rolled oats and nuts( if using).
- Bake in the oven for 24-26 minutes.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes and serve.
- If you are a fan of pumpkin and chocolate combination, feel free to fold in 3/4 cups of chocolate chips at the end.
- If you prefer or out of maple syrup, you can swap it with honey.
- If you are not a fan of ground oats, you can just omit them. It will still turn out great.
- Freezing Options: These muffins freeze well. To do so, let them cool to room temperature, place them in an airtight container or a Ziploc bag, and place in the freezer. To serve, you can warm them up in a microwave for 30 seconds or in a preheated 300-degree oven for 5 minutes or so without the need to thaw.