Serve it with fresh berries and crunchy granola for a healthy breakfast or an afternoon pick-me-up, or add it to your favorite recipes that call for vanilla yogurt.
Yogurt is such a perfect complement to so many foods, so trust us when we say the yogurt recipes don’t stop here. If you’re like us and love the classic combo of yogurt and fruit, you’ll love this Frozen Yogurt Bark & my go-to Yogurt Dip for Fruit!
This ultra quick and easy homemade vanilla yogurt recipe requires only 3 staple ingredients that you probably already have on hand or can quickly grab from the grocery store. You’ll need plain whole milk Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, and honey.
How to Turn Plain Yogurt into Vanilla Yogurt
You can whip up this delicious recipe in no time! Simply:
- Combine the ingredients: Add the yogurt, honey, and vanilla extract to a bowl. Whisk until smooth and well combined.
- Taste and adjust: Give it a taste and add more vanilla extract or honey, if desired.
How to Use Vanilla Yogurt in Recipes?
Not only can you enjoy this flavorful vanilla greek yogurt recipe by itself as a breakfast or snack, but you can also use it in any recipe that calls for vanilla yogurt! Here are some vanilla yogurt recipe ideas:
- Make yogurt parfaits: Name a better combo than creamy vanilla yogurt, fresh fruit, and crunchy granola. For one of my favorite vanilla yogurt recipes, try making my Yogurt Parfait recipe!
- Try it in a smoothie: Vanilla yogurt is the perfect addition to any smoothie because it gives it that coveted thick, creamy texture and adds in just the right amount of sweetness. Try adding it to my Strawberry Banana Yogurt Smoothie or Cantaloupe Shake recipe for an ultra-tasty and refreshing smoothie.
- Pair it with fruit: Whether you’re bringing a fruit platter to your next gathering or setting out a big fruit bowl for dessert, this easy recipe pairs perfectly with all your favorite seasonal fruit.
- Top it off with granola: Something about the crunchy texture and salty-sweet flavor of granola goes so well with yogurt. Simply top a bowl of yogurt with my Chunky Granola and call it breakfast!
- Turn it into ice cream: Want to know how to make plain yogurt taste better? For a healthier yet delicious version of our favorite summer treat, try using this recipe to make Vanilla Frozen Yogurt!
Yes, you can! Adding a dash of vanilla extract in plain yogurt really complements the tanginess of the yogurt and gives it a subtly sweet taste and flavor. Make it even better by adding a tablespoon of honey!
When making plain yogurt vanilla-flavored, add half a teaspoon of vanilla extract for every cup of plain yogurt. Feel free to add more or less, depending on your personal preference.
Other Yogurt Recipes You Might Like
If you have an abundance of yogurt in your fridge that you’re dying to use, or if you’re just a yogurt fanatic like me, here are some other yogurt recipes you’ll love!
- Greek Yogurt Salad Dressing
- Yogurt Dill Sauce
- Tahini Yogurt Sauce
- Greek Yogurt Marinated Chicken
- Eggplant Yogurt
- Peach Mango Smoothie with Yogurt
If you try your hand at making this recipe, please take a minute to rate it and leave a comment below. It is a great help to others who are thinking of making the recipe. And if you took some pictures, be sure to share them on Instagram using #foolproofeats so I can share them on my stories.
Vanilla Yogurt Recipe
- 1 cup plain whole milk yogurt regular or Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey*
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place yogurt, honey and vanilla extract in a bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Give it a taste and add more if necessary.
- Storage: Store yogurt in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Freeze: Freeze yogurt for up to 2 months to preserve the best taste and texture.
- Thaw: Thaw frozen yogurt in the refrigerator (preferably overnight). If the yogurt has separated while thawing, stir to reincorporate the ingredients. Add a few more tablespoons of yogurt if it’s too watery, or blend for a few seconds in a food processor. Make sure not to refreeze once thawed.