Two weeks ago my sister-in-law gave me a Vitamix as a gift. It came as such a surprise as I have been wanting one for a long time. Since then, our new blender has been my favorite toy. It is crazy how much you can do with these powerful blenders. I am still in the process of experimenting with smoothies and popsicles, but hopefully soon will be venturing out to try nut butter, soups, dips, and spreads. Meanwhile, this Minty Watermelon-Cucumber Smoothie is the first of many recipes to come.
How To Make Watermelon Cucumber Smoothie
We have literally been having this smoothie as breakfast for a month now. Before I had my new and shiny blender, I was using my food processor to make it. The flavor profile, aka mint-cucumber-watermelon-lime juice combination, is to die for. It has been my favorite flavor combination for the year so far.
You may remember, a couple of weeks ago I posted a Watermelon Cucumber Feta Salad. This watermelon mint smoothie is the sweet (and liquid) version of those flavors. The best part is that if you have your watermelon already cut, it takes 5 minutes to put it all together.
Even though I didn’t put it for the recipe below, I sometimes add a couple of cups of baby spinach (or kale) leaves to increase its nutritional value in the morning. That smoothie is not the most aesthetically pleasing, but it is super good for you.
Either way, I find that a big glass filled with summer fruits is the way to beat the current 92 degree Atlanta weather. How about you? What is your favorite summer smoothie?
If you liked this watermelon recipe, you might also like:
Watermelon Cucumber Smoothie
- 5 cups of seedless watermelon cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup of fresh mint leaves more for garnishing
- 3 medium-size Persian cucumbers washed and chopped (no need to peel)
- 1/3 cup of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup ice
- handful of pomegranate seeds as garnish (optional)
- Place watermelon, mint, cucumber, lime juice and ice in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Divide it in between 4 glasses and garnish each glass with mint and pomegranate seeds. Serve immediately.