As a food blogger, I usually find myself looking for recipes that are different than what is already out there. While I think there is nothing wrong with that, when it comes to the meals I make my for myself, I usually go for recipes that are quick and easy to make with whatever is in season. Our farmer’s market is bursting with zucchinis and lately I have been making this 5-ingredient zucchini noodles dish on repeat.
Why should you try zucchini noodles?
Unless you are hiding in a cave for the last few years, you would know that spiralized vegetables are the new hype for some time now. Nowadays, they sell already spiralized vegetables in grocery stores. In my opinion, zucchini noodles (aka zoodles) are the best vegetable to spiralize.
Here is why:
1. Even after cooking just a few minutes, it resembles spaghetti, helping you with feeding your eyes.
2. It is super quick to cook. All you need is 5-6 minutes to cook zucchinis.
3. Since it has very little flavor on its own, it is so easy to flavor zoodles with whatever you have in your fridge.
4. You can eat as much as you want. Since zucchini is a very low calorie and good-for-you kind of vegetable, you can eat as much as you want. Plus, you get almost 2-3 cups of zoodles from one zucchini.
About This 5-Ingredient Zucchini Noodles Recipe:
If you ask me, this zoodle dish is the dictionary definition of a workday lunch. You cook the zucchinis in oil flavored with minced garlic and top it off with crumbled feta and dill. Voila! You have an amazing, low calorie lunch ready in 15-20 minutes, from start to finish.
You can serve it warm or cold. Want to add some animal protein? Top it off with a poached or fried egg. Have some cherry tomatoes? Add them in. Don’t like dill? Substitute it with fresh parsley. Sky is the limit.
Pack it in a container and take it to work. Seriously, do yourself a favor and make this 5-ingredient zucchini noodles before the zucchini season is over.Print
5-Ingredient Zucchini Noodles
This vegetarian 5-Ingredient Zucchini Noodles dish is the perfect healthy summer lunch. Ready in less than 20 minutes, it is a great way to use summer’s favorite vegetable, zucchini.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Vegetarian
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 4 medium sized zucchini, spiralized with the skin on
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt*
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, coarsely chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet in medium heat. Add in the garlic clove and cook, stirring constantly, until lightly browned, 30 seconds or so.
- Add in the zucchini “noodles” and season with salt and pepper. Cook until slightly wilted, 4-5 minutes. Make sure to turn it a few times with tongs (or two forks) to ensure even cooking.
- Divide the zucchini noodles amongst two plates. Sprinkle with feta cheese and dill. Taste for seasoning, and add in if necessary.
- Serve immediately
- When it comes to seasoning, I would recommend to check the saltiness of your feta before adding more salt into the dish.
- This dish can be served warm and cold. It makes a great cold salad.
- Alternatively, you can top it off with a fried or poached egg if you want to add some animal protein to your dish.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 288
- Sugar: 11.4g
- Sodium: 668.3mg
- Fat: 22.8g
- Carbohydrates: 14.7g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Protein: 10.3g
- Cholesterol: 33.4mg