These Guacamole Burgers with Roasted Red Onion and Sweet Potatoes are ready in 30 minutes. Courtesy of Blue Apron meal delivery service, they are easy to make, filling, and delicious all at the same time.
This post is sponsored by Blue Apron. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
They say the only thing that doesn’t change is the change itself. Though sometimes I find it hard to keep up, the latest change in our life has been a welcome one. On the last day of 2016, my husband accepted a position in a beautiful resort in Manchester Village, Vermont. His start date is January 23rd, which means we are moving there in the next few weeks. As you can imagine, some chaotic days are ahead for us, but I am ready to take on the challenge as I think this will be a good move for us. As you may remember, I had a chance to visit Vermont back in September and loved it. Plus, I always wanted to go back to living in the North East, yet another reason to be excited about for this new chapter in our lives.
If you have ever moved you would know, the next few weeks will be spent with a lot of organizing and packing. This will also mean that we will have a very little time for cooking. But I am not too worried, because we are big fans of Blue Apron home meal delivery service. The process is pretty simple: you go to their website, put your order in, and get everything mailed to your doorstep. All the food is perfectly proportioned and ready to be cooked with a recipe card to walk you through the process. However, my favorite thing about them is the fact that they support the growth and development of family-run farms by working them directly to grow specialty produce for Blue Apron. This way we get to cook with responsibly produced, seasonal and the freshest ingredients in our kitchens.
About this Guacamole Burgers with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Onions Recipe:
It takes about 30 minutes to make this recipe. Since everything is perfectly portioned, all you need to do is to prep the ingredients to be cooked. I would recommend starting with roasting the potatoes and the onion as it is what takes the longest. While that is happening, you can make the guacamole and then cook the patties. It is that simple and easy to make.
I have never paired roasted sweet potatoes with a burger before, but now after eating these I think it is a favorite combination in our house now.
Guacamole Burgers with Roasted Red Onion & Sweet Potato
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- For the sides:
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and sliced into 1/2 –inch thick slices (as shown in the photos)
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- For the Guacamole:
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 lime, sliced
- salt and pepper
- For the Burger:
- 10 ounces ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive (or vegetable) oil
- 2 sesame seed buns, sliced in half
- To make the Roasted Sweet Potatoes: Preheat the oven to 450 F degrees. Place the slices of potatoes and red onion on a sheet pan. Drizzle it with olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Toss thoroughly to coat and bake 16-18 minutes or until the sweet potato slices are tender when pierced with a fork. Remove from the oven and set it aside.
- To make the guacamole: Mix together the red onion, avocado, jalapeno pepper, a tablespoon of lime-juice in a bowl. Stir in ¼ teaspoon salt and a pinch of black pepper. Taste for seasoning, and if necessary, add more lime juice and seasoning.
- To make the burgers:
- Place the ground beef in a bowl. Season with ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Mix and then divide it into two equal pieces. Using your hands, form the mixture into two ½-inch thick patties. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the patties; cook 2 to 4 minutes per side, or until browned and cooked to your desired degree of doneness. Place it on a plate and cover it loosely with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Add the buns, cut sides down, to the skillet. If the buns look dry, feel free to add a tablespoon of oil. Toast for 1-2 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- To assemble: Place the bottom buns on a plate and top them with the cooked patties and guacamole. Complete the burgers with the top buns.
- To serve: Transfer the burgers to a plate and serve them along with the roasted sweet potatoes and onions and lime wedges on the side.
This post is sponsored by Blue Apron. The compensation received in exchange for placement on Foolproof Living is used to purchase ingredients and props, write blog posts, take and edit photos and maintain this website in general.
However, though compensation was received in exchange for coverage, the thoughts and opinions mentioned in this post are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support Foolproof Living!