Why Should You Try This Recipe?
Perfect for busy mornings, this air fryer turkey bacon recipe will soon become a favorite to serve along with your favorite breakfast, sandwich, and snack recipes.
- Ready in just 10 minutes, this method is quick and easy with minimal prep time. Plus, the end result is deliciously crispy turkey bacon that everyone will love.
- Less mess and easy cleanup thanks to the convenience of air fryer technology.
- It’s a hands-off recipe with a simple cooking process. Just pop the bacon in the hot air fryer basket and wait for it to crisp up!
- It is a healthier choice and a great alternative to traditional bacon fried in a pan.
- It works perfectly in recipes like omelets, skillets, and quick breakfast sandwiches, or as a side with pancakes or French toast. And it’s not just for breakfast: try using it in soups and salads for lunch or dinner.
For this recipe, you’ll need a 12-oz package of turkey bacon.
I prefer uncured turkey bacon because the cured options use harsh chemical preservatives, such as sodium nitrates. If you are in need of suggestions for the best turkey bacon options in US grocery stores, I recommend checking out Trader Joe’s, Wellshire, and Applegate turkey bacon brands.
With that being said, I think you can find the best brand of turkey bacon by buying a few different ones from your local grocery store and trying them out.
How to Make
Below is my step by step instructions on how to make turkey bacon in air fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer to 360 degrees F (182 C)
- Place the slices of turkey bacon in the preheated air fryer basket, making sure they do not overlap. If they don’t fit in a single layer, it is best to cook them in multiple batches.
- Cook for 5 minutes, flip each one of the turkey bacon strips one by one and cook for another 5 minutes. Please note that cook time might change slightly based on the air fryer you are using. The best way to gauge doneness is by checking it after the cooking time is complete and adjusting the timing as necessary.
- Serve immediately.
How to Store
Since turkey bacon is easy to make and tastes best hot from the air fryer tray, I suggest eating it right away. If you have leftovers, let them reach room temperature and then store them in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket. If the pieces overlap or stack, the bacon won’t cook evenly. If necessary, cook any extra bacon in a second batch.
- Make turkey bacon fresh. While this dish keeps for up to 3 days in the fridge, it tastes best straight out of the air fryer.
- If the bacon isn’t crispy enough after the 10 minute mark, continue to cook in 1-minute increments until it reaches your desired texture. In my recipe tests, 10 minutes was the perfect cooking time, but different air fryers cook differently so make sure the texture of the final product fits your personal preference.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Turkey Bacon in Air Fryer Recipe
- 1 package Turkey Bacon (12 ounces)
- Preheat air fryer to 360 degrees F.
- Place as many slices of bacon as possible in the air fryer basket making sure that they are not overlapping. If you need to air fry more bacon you may have to do it in several batches.
- Cook for 5 minutes and then flip the turkey bacon and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the cooked turkey bacon from the air fryer and serve while it is still hot.
- Storage: I find that turkey bacon is best right after it is out of the air fryer and while it is still hot. However, you can store the leftovers in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
- Check on doneness: Cook time might slightly vary based on the air fryer you are using.