Celebrate Cinco De Mayo with Strawberry Champagne Margaritas!
This margarita recipe is not much different than your usual margarita recipe, but it is topped off with a healthy dose of Champagne.
Hi friends! Are you ready for Cinco de Mayo? I do not know if you celebrate it or not, but when it comes to us, we’ll take any excuse to eat embarrassing amount of Mexican food and drink margaritas. This year, we are invited to a house party with our new friends here in Manchester. I am in charge of the dessert, but I may sneak this Strawberry Champagne Margarita with me. I suspect no one will have an issue with that, right?
If you have never had a champagne margarita before, I am here to tell you that you are in for a treat. These margaritas has just right amount of sweet and salty with a strawberry twist, making them perfect for the season. Below is a quick how-to photo essay for one serving.
How to Make Strawberry Champagne Margaritas?
Muddle 4 or 5 fresh (hulled) strawberries in a large glass. Add in an ounce of freshly squeezed lime juice.
Mix some salt with zest of a lime in a shallow plate. Using a lime wedge wet the edges of your margarita glass. Rim the edges with salt-lime zest mixture.
Alternatively, you can use sugar and lime zest. However, I personally think that with the addition of champagne it is already sweet enough and therefore salt balances it out in a better way. Still, it is up to you.
Top it off with an ounce (or more) of champagne. Garnish with mint and a small strawberry and serve.
Strawberry Champagne Margaritas
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10
- Yield: 2 servings
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 8-10 medium sized strawberries, hulled and sliced – plus more as garnish
- 2 ounces of lime juice, freshly squeezed –
- 2 ounces of tequila
- 2 ounces of triple sec
- zest of a lime
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- crushed ice
- 3-4 ounces of Champagne (or Prosecco)
- 2 leaves of fresh mint, as garnish
- Muddle strawberries in a large glass. Add in the lime juice.
- Stir in tequila and triple sec.
- Mix salt with the zest in a shallow plate. Using a lime wedge wet the edges of your margarita glass. Rim the edges with salt-lime zest mixture.
- Add in ¾ cup of crushed ice. Strain the strawberry margarita onto the ice.
- Top it off with champagne. Garnish with mint and a whole strawberry.