I always keep a tub of Greek yogurt stocked in my fridge, but not only for breakfast! Greek yogurt makes the perfect thick, creamy, and healthy base for countless delicious dips and dressings. No wonder why my Yogurt Salad Dressing is one of the most popular recipes on the blog!
You don’t need a lot of fancy ingredients to make this homemade Greek yogurt ranch dip recipe. In fact, you likely already have the ingredients stocked in your fridge and spice cabinet. We’re using a combination of garlic and onion powder to achieve that classic ranch flavor, and adding a hint of lemon juice ramps up the tang.
To make this Greek yogurt dip, you’ll need plain Greek yogurt, garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt, lemon juice, and freshly chopped chives (or chopped green onion).
How to Make Ranch Dip with Greek Yogurt
You’ll never need to buy ranch dressing from the store once you learn how quick and easy it is to whip it up at home. Plus, this low fat veggie dip is healthy, inexpensive, and (in my opinion) tastier than any store-bought dip. To make this Greek yogurt dip, simply:
- Add ingredients to a bowl: In a small bowl, add Greek yogurt, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and lemon juice.
- Combine and serve: Use a whisk to mix the ingredients until smooth and fully combined. Garnish your easy Greek yogurt dip with freshly chopped chives or green onions, and serve.
How to Store?
If you have leftover ranch yogurt dip or wish to make it ahead of time, you can easily store it in an airtight glass or plastic container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Just make sure to give it a stir before serving, as the ingredients tend to separate as they sit. If your yogurt dip for vegetables appears too watery after stirring, you can add a tablespoon or two of Greek yogurt to return it to a creamy consistency.
The main difference between regular yogurt and Greek yogurt is its consistency. Greek yogurt is strained to remove the liquid remains of milk (also known as whey), which gives it a thick consistency. Regular yogurt contains whey and has a thinner consistency.
Yes, you can. Yogurt is a great substitute for sour cream in Greek yogurt-based dips because it provides a similar creaminess but is lower in calories and total fat. You can make a delicious, homemade Greek ranch dip by combining Greek yogurt with a half teaspoon of onion powder, a tablespoon of garlic powder, and a little sea salt and lemon juice.
To turn it into a homemade Greek yogurt ranch dressing, you can add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. If need be, you can thin it out (to make it pourable) by whisking in a few tablespoons of water. Be sure to taste it for seasoning and add more if necessary.
Other Greek Yogurt Recipes You Might Like
Greek yogurt is a staple ingredient in many of my recipes because it’s healthy, delicious, and versatile. From sweet to savory recipes, Greek yogurt does it all! If you’re a yogurt fanatic like me, or if you’re trying to finish off that tub of yogurt in your fridge, you need to try these easy recipes:
If you try this Veggie Dip with Greek Yogurt recipe or any other recipe on Foolproof Living, please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment below. It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. And if you took some pictures, be sure to share them on Instagram using #foolproofeats so I can share them on my stories.
Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip Recipe
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt*
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- ½ teaspoon chives or chopped green onion
- Add ingredients to a bowl: Place Greek yogurt, garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Combine: Whisk until fully combined. Taste for seasoning and add in if necessary.
- Serve: Transfer into a bowl and garnish with chives (or scallions). Serve.
- Yogurt: This healthy Greek yogurt ranch recipe would work with any type of plain Greek yogurt, including full-fat, low-fat, or non-fat varieties. You can also use plain yogurt, but be aware that it will have a thinner consistency.
- Storage: You can store leftovers of this yogurt dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Be sure to stir it before serving. If it is too thin, you can stir in a tablespoon of Greek yogurt to thicken it.
- Make it a salad dressing: You can turn this dip into a yogurt ranch salad dressing by adding 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 (additional) tablespoons of lemon juice. If need be, you can thin it out (to make it pourable) by whisking in a few tablespoons of water. Be sure to taste it for seasoning and adjust as necessary.