Why Should You Try This Smoothie Recipe?
This simple melon shake is as nutritious as it is refreshing, and you won’t believe how easy it is to make. With so much to love, this cantaloupe smoothie recipe will be your new go-to treat perfect for a hot summer day.
- No sugar is added to this naturally sweet cantaloupe yogurt smoothie, making it a refreshing (and healthy!) treat to have first thing in the morning or even for dessert.
- You can make this cantaloupe shake recipe for nearly any special diet. Anyone who follows a vegan, gluten-free, or even dairy-free diet can enjoy this tasty drink—alongside my Mango Tumeric Smoothie or any one of my other Turmeric Smoothies, of course.
- Needing only 5 ingredients and less than 10 minutes, this beginner-friendly drink is one of the most effortless cantaloupe smoothie ideas out there.
To make this cantaloupe shake, gather cubed cantaloupe, unsweetened plain yogurt, orange juice, and ice. Because the high water content of melon can lead to a watery texture, you’ll also need a half-cup of another fruit, such as mango.
How to Make a Cantaloupe Smoothie
Smoothie recipes with melon are a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth without breaking a sweat. This cool, fruity treat will be the easiest drink you make all summer.
- Blend ingredients: Place the ingredients into a blender, preferably with fruit on the bottom and ice at the top. Pulse the ingredients a few times, then blend on high until smooth. If you do not own a blender, you can use a food processor for blending as well.
- Serve: Pour the mixture into a glass and, if desired, garnish with cantaloupe. Drink immediately.
Make dozens of smoothie recipes with cantaloupe with these yummy variations. Whether you’re craving a sweet cantaloupe berry smoothie or a creamy banana variation, we’ve got you covered!
- Frozen cantaloupe smoothie: Want to give your melon smoothie extra chill? Freeze your cantaloupe cubes for 4-8 hours before blending.
- Cantaloupe banana smoothie: If you’re looking for a healthy breakfast that’s equal parts sweet and creamy, a banana smoothie is just what you need. Simply swap out your mango for a half-cup of sliced banana.
- Strawberry cantaloupe smoothie: Give your recipe a tart, summer-fresh flavor with a match made in heaven: cantaloupe and strawberries! No one can resist the fresh fruit of this easy recipe.
- Watermelon cantaloupe smoothie: No one can resist a refreshing smoothie recipe with double the ripe melon. For this delicious recipe, I recommend adding a full cup of cubed watermelon to keep your smoothie from becoming too watery.
How to Store
Smoothie recipes with melon are a godsend when it comes to easy storage. Simply place your smoothie mixture in a bottle with a tight-fitting lid, like a mason jar. Drink within 2 days, being sure to shake the smoothie before pouring.
Please note that your smoothie will likely get watery as it sits in the fridge. To keep your cantaloupe smoothie’s creamy texture, I recommend enjoying your beverage on the day it’s made.
Similar Smoothie Recipes You Might Like:
It is no secret that drinking a smoothie a day has its benefits. If you are new to making your own smoothies you are in for a treat because I have so many recipes for you. Below are a few recipes to get you started.
- Turmeric Ginger Smoothie
- Healthy Chocolate Smoothie
- Watermelon Cucumber Smoothie
- Dragon Fruit Smoothie
- Can’t get enough? Check out all our Superfood Smoothies
If you try this Cantaloupe Smoothie recipe or any other smoothie recipes on Foolproof Living, please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment below. It is a great help to others who are thinking of making the recipe. And if you took some pictures, be sure to share them on Instagram using #foolproofeats so I can share them on my stories.
Cantaloupe Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup cantaloupe cut into 1 to 2-inch cubes
- ½ cup mango strawberry, or banana, cut into small pieces*
- ¼ cup unsweetened plain yogurt or vanilla yogurt or vegan yogurt
- ½ cup orange juice or pineapple juice
- 1 cup ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with cantaloupe if desired. Enjoy immediately.
- This recipe can easily be multiplied.
- I think it goes without saying that the riper the fruit the sweeter your smoothie will be. So, if you prefer it on the sweeter side be sure to pick a ripe cantaloupe white you are at the grocery store.
- You can use frozen cantaloupe if you want. However, if you do so, I would recommend using 1/2 cup of ice.
- Storage: Simply place your smoothie mixture in a bottle with a tight-fitting lid, like a mason jar. Drink within 2 days, being sure to shake the smoothie before pouring. Please note that your smoothie will likely get watery as it sits in the fridge. To keep your cantaloupe smoothie’s creamy texture, I recommend enjoying your beverage on the day it’s made.