Make your summer mornings more enjoyable and treat yourself with this vegan and banana-free Peach Mango Smoothie.
Beginning of this summer, I made 2 promises to myself. The first one was to start a gratitude journal, where I would write three things that I was grateful for every single morning before I start my day. And the second thing was to drink a glass of a healthy smoothie every day. So far, I have been able to keep both promises.
Nowadays, as soon as I wake up I make myself a smoothie, grab my journal, go out to our backyard and write every single thing that I am grateful for. The more I write the more I realize what a lucky person that I am to have the life I have and that I am healthy. It is such a simple and easy thing to do that requires such minimal effort. Later in the day, when things get rough, I go back and think about the things I wrote down in the morning. It works every time like magic, giving me the mental support that I need to shift my way of thinking.
I try to live my life without regrets, but I wish I had started earlier. Do you write a journal as well? If so, how is your experience been? I’d love to know.
In terms of the smoothie, I try to change it up based on what I have in the fridge, but lately this peach mango smoothie has been my favorite. Both fruits are in season right now and the combination of those two flavors is stellar. In the recipe below, I didn’t include any greens, but sometimes I add a cup of spinach in there as well. It increases its nutritional value while minimally changing its flavor.
Want to get more smoothie recipes? Click here to check out all the other summer smoothie recipes you can make.
Peach Mango Smoothie
- 2 cups 3-4 medium size ripe peaches, cut into small chunks*1 - plus a few slices as garnish
- 1 ripe mango peeled and cut into small chunks*2
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 ½ cups crushed ice
- Add all the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with peach slices.
- Serve immediately.
- I leave the skin of the peaches on, but if you want you can peel them.
- If I have time to plan ahead, I cut up the mango and freeze the chunks in Ziploc bags. If I do so, I use frozen mango chunks instead of ice.