You may remember, back in October of last year, I sent out a reader survey. One of the questions in the survey was about the types of recipes you wanted to see more of. I was surprised to see that the most requested recipe types were weeknight meals with more healthy dishes as the runner up.
Since then, I have been on the hunt for healthy weeknight recipes you can make to feed your whole family. So today’s recipe, roasted chicken pita wraps with crispy chickpeas and tzatziki, is the first of many to come your way.
This Mediterranean cuisine inspired dish comes together in 30 minutes and feeds a family of 4. If you have a bigger family, you can easily double the recipe to feed more people.
How To Make Chicken Pita Wraps Recipe
The process of making this dish cannot be easier. You basically place the chicken and chickpeas on a baking sheet, drizzle them with olive oil, sprinkle them with spices, and roast in a pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, you make the Tzatziki sauce. If you have never made this dill and cucumber flavored garlicky yogurt sauce, you can check out my post on how to make Tzatziki sauce. In there, I also shared a quick how-to video.
This part is totally optional, but I love my pita bread lightly toasted. Therefore, after I take the chicken and chickpeas out of the oven, I turn it off and place the pita bread inside for just a few minutes. The residual heat warms them up lightly making them perfect for a warm chicken wrap. If you are short on time or if your pita bread is fresh, feel free to skip this step.
When ready to assemble, spread a pita bread with Tzatziki sauce and top it off with chicken, crispy chickpeas, and arugula. If you prefer, you can also finish it off with more Tzatziki sauce. You can wrap them up like I did in the photos or serve them on small plates and have everyone enjoy their chicken pita wraps as they like.
Other chicken recipes you might also like:
- Panko Chicken Parmesan Baked
- Chicken Stroganoff recipe
- Healthy Chicken Chili
- Easy Chicken Chili recipe
- Chinese Chicken Lo Mein
- Bone-In Baked Chicken Breasts
- Check out all our chicken recipes
Roasted Chicken Pita Wraps with Crispy Chickpeas and Tzatziki
- 1 pound 455 gr boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 15.5 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 pita breads I used whole-wheat pita
- ¾ cup Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 cup fresh arugula rinsed and drained
- Handful of fresh dill chopped (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pat-dry chicken with a sheet of paper towel. Transfer the chicken and chickpeas onto the baking sheet and make sure that they are on a single layer.
- Drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle them with coriander, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Rub all sides of the chicken and chickpeas with the spices either with your clean hands or using a spatula and/or tongs (to flip the chicken).
- Roast for 15 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked (it should register between 160-165 F degrees when a thermometer is inserted in the middle of a thigh).
- Let rest for 10 minutes. Cut chicken into strips.
- When ready to assemble, lightly toast a pita bread and place it on a plate. Spread it with a few tablespoons of tzatziki sauce and top it off with chicken strips, a handful of roasted chickpeas, and arugula. If preferred, drizzle it with more Tzatziki sauce and garnish with fresh dill. Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Repeat the same process for the rest of the pita bread.
Did you make this recipe?Tag @foolproofliving on Instagram and hashtag it #foolproofeats
This recipe has been adapted from Healthyish: A Cookbook with Seriously Satisfying, Truly Simple, Good-For-You (but not too Good-For-You) Recipes for Real Life with minor changes to the original recipe.