Anyone who knows me knows, I am a huge fan of salads and I eat a big green salad every single day. With over 100 foolproof salad recipes on this site, I am here with a curated list of Spring Salads to inspire you to put the ingredients of the season to good use.
Below you will find recipes ranging from green leafy salads to hearty salads to salads that are worthy of your Easter table to serve as a side dish or as a masterpiece.
Spring Green Salad Recipes
Equal parts nutritious and delicious, these simple spring salad recipes are just what you need to brighten up your dinner spread. Who can resist the garden-fresh taste of home-mixed greens? One bite of these vibrant veggies and flavorful grains, and you’ll never have to search for good spring salads again.
- Spring Mix Salad: One of the easiest spring green salads to make (literally ready in 15 minutes!), this all-natural recipe is both healthy and delicious. Bold red onion, juicy cherry tomatoes, and delicate spring mix give this dish its fresh flavor. Plus, it is the best way to put those farmers market fresh salad greens to good use.
- Quinoa Tabouli: This tabouli is one of the most popular quinoa salads on the blog and for a good reason. Packed with fresh herbs (i.e. fresh mint, parsley, and dill), juicy tomatoes, and spring onions, it is not only an easy spring salad but also a healthy lunch recipe perfect for the warmer weather.
- Turkish Tabbouleh: This spring side salad combines delicious Mediterranean flavors into one irresistible dish. Bulgur wheat, fresh herbs, and bright lemon make this bright salad a fan favorite. Simply put it all in a large bowl and drizzle it with my go-to lemon salad dressing. That’s it!
- Spring Greens Salad: This early spring salad from The Bojon Gourmet combines crunchy sugar snap peas, tangy buttermilk dressing, and shaved fennel for one delicious spring lettuce salad recipe.
- Quinoa Kale Salad: Unlike other kale salads, this finished dish takes less than 20 minutes to make—just like my Kale Apple Slaw and Avocado Massaged Kale Salad! No one can beat the ace combination of superfoods and zesty vinaigrette in grain salads like this.
Hearty Spring Salad Ideas
Few dinner ideas are as healthy, fresh, or delectable as a hearty spring salad. These satisfying recipes are packed with everything from succulent shrimp to tender grilled chicken, making them the ideal main dish. No one will leave the table hungry with these delicious spring salad recipes.
- Chickpea Tuna Salad: Creamy, satisfying, and filled with healthy fats, this chickpea salad recipe is a great way to feed a crowd. Serve this dish anywhere from potlucks to weeknight dinners.
- Southwest Chicken Salad: If you’re a fan of southwestern eats, this gluten-free salad is just for you! You’ll love the Creamy Avocado Dressing and spicy peppers of this colorful dish.
- Shrimp Orzo Salad: A filling and healthy meal by itself, this salad is made with tangy feta cheese and tender orzo. Topped off with my Grilled Shrimp (and a drizzle of freshly squeezed lemon juice), it is a meal-worthy feast that tastes as good as it looks.
- Chicken Salad with Greek Yogurt: Serve this versatile salad on a sandwich, wrap, or even by itself. You won’t be able to get enough of the delicious tangy Yogurt Salad Dressing that it is flavored with.
- Asian Sesame Chicken Salad: Made with one of the best spring salad dressings out there (hello, Sesame Ginger Dressing!), this Asian salad is a hit. One taste of this dish’s nutty flavor, and you’ll be asking for seconds.
Easter Salads for Spring
There’s no better way to celebrate the spring season than with these spring salads for Easter. You can serve these green recipes as an easy side or a mouthwatering main. Light, fresh, and filled with seasonal ingredients, these are some of the best springtime salads to liven up your Easter spread.
- Roasted Asparagus Salad: Lemon Vinaigrette is the perfect spring salad dressing in this green salad with asparagus. Whether you make sauteed asparagus, air fryer asparagus, or even baked asparagus, you’ll want to make extras of this tasty dish.
- Five Bean Salad: Earthy garlic, bold mustard, and tender green beans make this bean salad utterly mouthwatering. Made by using black beans, red kidney beans, chickpeas, and Cannelini beans and drizzled with Maple Dijon Vinaigrette, I think it is one of the most delicious spring salad recipes worthy of your Easter spread.
- Strawberry Spinach Salad: Sweet strawberries and baby spinach? Yes, please! Creamy Poppyseed Dressing will make this tart dish your new go-to spinach salad. Packed with good-for-you ingredients, this salad embodies the sweet, savory, and creamy goodness all at the same time.
- Deviled Egg Potato Salad: If you like the rich, tangy flavor of Avocado Deviled Eggs, then you’ll adore this delicious salad. Who can say no to this recipe’s fresh cilantro, capers, and spicy jalapeño?
- New Potato Salad: My friend Alexandra of Occasionally Eggs makes some of the most mouthwatering salad recipes for spring. And this warm new potato salad recipe flavored with asparagus, lentils, and greens and drizzled with a lemony mustard dressing is no different. It is a gorgeous spring potato salad recipe that happens to be vegan as well.
- Texas Caviar Salad: You may not be a fan of caviar, but you’ll go head over heels for this southwestern gem because it uses black-eyed peas! This dish’s crisp corn, tangy lime vinaigrette, and creamy beans will make it your new favorite recipe.
Spring time salads are some of the most versatile sides to put on your dinner menu. Topped with creamy cheese and zesty salad dressing, these side salads will have everyone getting a second bowl. Not only do these different salad recipes pair with a variety of meals, but they’re also super easy to make!
- Butter Leaf Lettuce Salad: This bibb lettuce salad dish is the perfect spring salad with asparagus, peas, and bright red radish. You can put all your favorite spring vegetables into this scrumptious side.
- Quinoa Salad with Avocado: Made with cooked quinoa, rich avocado, and fresh greens, this simple recipe is an easy way to turn a salad into a complete meal. Everyone will love the fresh ingredients in this yummy side dish.
- Classic Caesar Salad: For a fresh salad that never goes out of style, Caesar is the way to go! Nutty parmesan cheese and bold garlic make this simple dish one of the best spring salad ideas around.
- Tomato Cucumber Mozzarella Salad: Persian cucumber and fresh mozzarella make this recipe as creamy as it is crisp. This dish is a great recipe to satisfy your cravings for Caprese salad flavors—the healthy way!
- Red Radish Salad: This spring vegetables salad from my friends at Give Recipe is a great recipe to make when you’re on the go. It only takes 10 minutes to prepare this simple dish’s raw ingredients and poppy seed dressing.
- Black Bean Corn Salad: Want a spring salad that won’t fall flat? The spicy, savory flavors and fresh vegetables of this easy salad make it the perfect dish to serve as a side dish, salsa, or even on its own.
- Easy Creamy Cucumber Salad: You won’t find a recipe for spring salad as tangy, crunchy, or delicious as this one. Mouths will water after tasting the squeeze of lemon in this recipe’s creamy dressing.
- Black Rice Salad: Need a recipe for a spring salad that packs a zingy, Asian-inspired punch? This easy Black Rice dish makes a filling meal out of your favorite farmers’ market veggies. Plus, try my friend Tracy’s Forbidden Rice Salad for an Indian-inspired curry version.
- Halloumi Salad: Your table will look photo-ready when you make this colorful recipe from Kitchen Confidante. Tart blackberries and tender beets come together for a simple spring salad as tasty as it is breathtaking.
You Might Also Like:
If you try any of these spring salads, please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment to let us know how it turned out. It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. And if you took some pictures, be sure to share them on Instagram using #foolproofeats so I can share them on my stories.
20+ Spring Salad Recipes
To roast the asparagus:
- 1 bunch asparagus spears rinsed and the woody ends cut
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
For the lemon vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
For the salad:
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- ½ cup radishes thinly sliced
- 3 scallions stalks – chopped
- ½ cup kalamata olives
- ½ cup feta cheese optional
- ½ cup basil leaves loosely packed and torn (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place asparagus on a sheet pan in one layer. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Give the asparagus a mix making sure that all the spears are coated with the oil and seasoning.
- Roast for 12 minutes or until the asparagus is cooked. Transfer onto a plate and let it cool. When cooled, cut the asparagus into 2-inch pieces. Place into a salad bowl.
- While the asparagus is roasting make the lemon vinaigrette by mixing all of the ingredients in a mason jar.
- To assemble the asparagus salad: Place tomatoes, radishes, scallions, olive into the bowl with the asparagus. Drizzle with the dressing.
- Stir in the feta cheese and basil leaves. Give it a gentle toss.